Top 5 Challenges in Manufacturing Industriesmbedewy
In addition to this some of the pertinent issues, the industry faces in manufacturing products are:
1. Regulatory Compliance and traceability: Manufacturers of all sectors faces increasing regulations which aims in ensuring product safety to managing disposal and reclamation procedures. Consumers may be benefited from some of the regulations, and each of the regulation adds an additional burden to the companies that must comply with the requirements. Complete visibility in the global supply chains is ensured by the manufacturers and they can prove their own deference and that of the suppliers also. Regulations needs the ability to track where the specific items have been used or to trace materials from an end item at a customer site back to specific materials used in the manufacture. Keeping in view the regulations and managing compliance reporting is a full time activity for multiple people or teams at many manufacturing companies.
2. To keep Product Relevant: Product innovations come at varying pace and manufacturers struggle to keep up. With the new concept the companies compete to be first in the market, the temptation to skip steps on quality materials can be challenging. There should be adequate time for the companies to ensure that the specific materials like wires and cables are in line with the operating conditions. A new product needs to develop a reputation of good quality to drive out poor quality. The companies will become more systematic about managing innovation rather than to leave new product ideas to chance. The preferences in product are changing so quickly that this delays the introduction of once popular products. For the success of manufacturing it is essential to implement the procedures to keep a steady stream of new product ideas and innovations in the pipeline.
3. Aging Workforce/Skills gap: As per age, the workers retire and leave their workforce and take along with them their hard-learned skills and experience with them. The workers who are retiring are not available to be replaced easily as the new ones do not have the needed skillset for many critical roles. Manufacturers will have to work with the schools in their communities to check that the educational system includes the topics and skills training for the younger workers to fill these roles. Besides, manufacturers may need to be more flexible with the aging workforce so as to allow workers to slow down by working part time rather than to retire suddenly. This will enable the aging workers to pass on their skill to the next generations of workers.
4. Environmental concerns: Various aspects of the manufacturing process is affected by the local and regional regulations, from the ability to use certain materials, to worker exposure, to disposal of waste and byproducts. There is a harsh environment for manufacturing and hence should ensure the safety and health of workers with proper care and equipment. Disposing of waste products and recycling materials add costs and complexity to manufacturing and also result in a healthier environment and protection alike for both workers and customers.
5. To maintain a balance with output: In a manufacturing unit it is very essential to keep the equipment functioning. Preventive maintenance should be taken regularly including worn wires and cables which help in increasing output and ensuring customer satisfaction with delivery lead times. Manufacturers are sometimes tempted to postpone preventive maintenance or replace factory components with lower quality items. The practice creates unsafe conditions in harsh manufacturing environments if these lesser components can’t stand up to operating conditions. The operating cost can be kept low and output high by using components, cables and wires that meet or exceed manufacturer specifications and to perform preventive maintenance on recommended schedules thus ensuring worker safety. By meeting these challenges the manufacturing companies can stay on current legislation and technology and be responsive to meet the needs of workers and act responsibly in the best interest of all parties.
BY by GAHZLY
#Top #Challenges #Manufacturing #Industries
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.