The Handyman’s Toolbox: Fasteners and Fixings Every Man Should Have on Handgahzly
Any proper handyman should be prepared with the right tools. Along with your tool set, having a readily available assortment of nuts, bolts, O-Rings, washers, and screws can make any project or household emergency much easier to deal with. Not every man is born a handyman. If fixing things just doesn’t come naturally to you, that’s okay. Here’s a list of fasteners and fixings you should have on hand at all times.
Types of Fasteners and Fixings
Fasteners and fixings come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials. Here are some of the more common variations you should have on hand:
- Screws- Screws are an easy alternative to nails for some projects. They are easy to install and take out, are less likely to bend, and provide more strength and support. Make sure the screws you purchase match the screwdrivers you have on hand.
- Nails- There are a variety of different nails. Some are used for simple wood projects, while others may be used to install insulation board, repair roofs, fix shingles, or install floor boards.
- Bolts- Depending on the type of bolt, these are generally used on items that require additional strength.
- Nuts- Nuts are usually combined with a bolt or screw to lock them down against the project material.
- Cable ties- Cable ties are a great way to hold cables, wires, and pipes in place.
- Staples- Staples are great for tacking down carpeting to a wood subfloor, or for use with other wood projects.
There are, of course, many other fasteners and fixings that are more specifically related to certain projects or materials.
Choosing the Right Fasteners and Fixings for Your Home Project
Many fasteners and fixings serve a unique purpose. Don’t turn into a duct tape type of handyman, or one who uses one or two fasteners and fixings for virtually every project. If you are unsure what to use when starting a new project, look for online help or instructions. Base your choice on the following:
- Location of the project. Will it be outdoors?
- Will I need to protect against rust?
- Will the finished project need to hold up under excessive weight?
Those are just a few of the questions to ask yourself. Gathering the correct fasteners and fixings before starting your project is the most efficient way to work. If you have to make numerous trips to the hardware store, it’s likely that your household project will be pushed aside until the next week, or next month. You get the picture.
Be Prepared for Any Project
No one likes to deal with emergency repairs, but if you have the right tools, along with your supply of fasteners and fixings, even an emergency can seem less daunting. Doesn’t it always seem that emergency repairs are needed in the middle of the night or on a weekend just after the hardware store has closed? By preparing yourself with the right selection of tools, you won’t have to worry, or rely on that roll of duct tape to get you through until the hardware store reopens.
BY by GAHZLY
El Sewedy wire prices 2022
#Handymans #Toolbox #Fasteners #Fixings #Man #Hand