What is the name of the material that covers electrical wires?
Name of the material that covers electrical wires
The name of the material that covers electrical wires is insulator.
The materials used in electrical wires allow the flow of electrical current and electrical charges in one direction or multiple directions. The wires are made of metals that contain free electrons, meaning they are good conductors of electrical current such as graphite and copper. Therefore, metals need an insulator so that electrical current does not leak. When it touches the body of the person using it, if you want to charge your mobile phone, all you have to do is connect it to the charger.
You connect the charger to the socket, which allows the electrons in the conductive wires to charge your phone, and with the presence of the insulator it prevents the flow of free electrical current, or electrical charges, as insulating materials are weak conductors of electricity, you may have noticed that the outer side of your phone charger is made of plastic. This prevents electricity from reaching your skin while using it.
Of the materials covering electrical wires
One of the materials covering electrical wires is rubber.
The property of conducting electricity depends on the movement of the electron because protons and neutrons do not have movement. They only establish bonds with protons and other neutrons in atomic nuclei. Organic molecules are often insulators because they are linked to each other through covalent bonds. However, most Materials are somewhere in between being good conductors or good insulators, as hydrogen bonding helps stabilize many molecules.
But if more energy is provided, the electrons will begin to move. Some materials in their pure form are considered insulators, but they can become good conductors. For example: Ceramic is considered an excellent insulator, but if you install it, you can get a good conductor. For electricity, and if you look at water in its different states, you will find that pure water is an insulator of electricity, while unclean water is a weak conductor of electricity, while salt water is a good conductor of electricity. Here are some of the most effective insulating materials:
- Dry air.
- Fiber glass.
- Pure water.
- the oil.
- Dry wood.
- Dry cotton.
- Dry paper.
A material that conducts electrical charges
Silver is a material that conducts electrical charges.
Under normal conditions of pressure and temperature, silver is considered one of the best electrical conductors, but it is not considered an ideal choice due to its high price and because it is susceptible to tarnishing. Here are the most effective electrical conductors:
- Salt water.
Factors affecting electrical conductivity
- Shape and size of the material.
There are some factors that affect a material’s conduction of electricity. Here are some of them:
Shape and size of the material : The shape and size of the material affect the degree to which the material conducts electrical current. For example, a thin piece of a certain material will work better than a piece of the same size and length, but thicker. If the two pieces are equal in thickness but different in length, then The shorter piece will be better at electrical conductivity, because it has less resistance. Imagine that you are pushing water through a short pipe and a long pipe, which one will be easier? Of course, the shorter one, as the distance is less, and the resistance is less.
Temperature : High or low temperatures affect the material’s conduction of electrical current. Atoms and electrons gain energy as temperature rises. Glass, for example, is considered an insulator when cold, while it becomes a good conductor of electrical current when heated. On the contrary, some conductors Good for electric current, they work more efficiently when cooled, and their efficiency decreases at high temperatures, and sometimes the flow of electric current causes an increase in the temperature of conductive materials due to the movement of electrons and resistance.
The importance of using the material that covers electrical wires
- Insulating materials prevent the passage of high voltage in the electrical circuit.
- The use of insulating materials helps reduce energy consumption costs.
- The use of insulating materials contributes to preserving the environment by rationalizing the emission of pollutants.
- With the use of insulating materials, the process of transmitting electrical current through wires improves.
- Insulating materials protect human skin from shock and electrocution.
- Insulating materials help isolate the sounds of appliances.
- Insulating materials are used in electrical circuits, high-voltage devices, cables, wire coatings, and street lamps.
Dealing with electrical appliances
- Avoid overloading electrical outlets with voltage.
- Plug essential electrical appliances such as refrigerator and oven directly into the wall, without a transformer or extension cord.
- If you travel, or stop using a specific device for a period, unplug it from electricity, to protect the devices and save energy.
- Use the appropriate wattage for each device, recommended on the power label.
- Try not to pass wires under carpets, doors, and windows, to avoid tripping over wires and avoiding electrical accidents.
- Consult an electrician to add more electrical outlets instead of using extensions and transformers.
- Instead of reusing and reconnecting damaged extension cords, dispose of them to avoid sparks, electrical surges, and electrical fires.
- Use extension cords that have a surge protector.
- Keep electrical tools a safe distance from water sources.
- In the kitchen, restroom, and in electrical outlets near water sources use ground fault circuit outlets, or GFCI receptacles. This technology can turn off the power immediately when a short circuit is detected.
- Call an electrician or repair professional when lights flicker, circuits trip frequently, you see sparks, or you smell burning rubber.
If you have any inquiry, please contact us freely and we will be happy to serve you.
When we say Jeezly website, we are talking about one of the most famous Arab websites that was able, in a very short period of time, to achieve a very large demand for purchases from it by people from various parts and sectors of the Arab world.
On the Jeezly website, you will find a joint look and all the products that you may need in your home, starting with those for kitchens or bathrooms, but even those for gardens, you will find them on this wonderful site.
So, if you were lost before and did not know where to go to buy your products on the Internet, now you have the perfect solution, and all you have to do is go to the Jezli website and start choosing the products you want.
Since we are talking about a site that is preferred by many people around the world, there is no doubt that it is a site full of various features and characteristics. Therefore, we have decided to devote our next paragraph to pointing out the most prominent features of the Jezli site.
One of the most prominent features of the site is the proportionality of prices. On the Jeezly website, you do not have to worry about the imaginary prices of the products, as is the case with most sites that display their products on the Internet.
The price of delivering products is very reasonable and not expensive, and the site accepts delivery to various countries, without forgetting that it accepts free shipping on some products.
One of the advantages of the site is also the high quality of its products, as it is impossible to find a poor quality product. Rather, the Jezli website deals with major companies, Philips, for example, and other famous brands, so you must remove from your mind the idea of the poor quality of one of the products. Another advantage of the site is that it does not specialize in one type of product, but rather you will find various types of products on it, for example, electrical appliances, hand tools, mechanical devices, paints, packages for establishing apartments, and many other types.
Jeezly website also accepts what is known as the shopping cart, which makes it easy for you to filter the products you want to buy and put them in one package in order to be able to pay with the click of a single button.
Accepts multiple payment methods.
We are pleased that you visit our social media pages, where we publish exclusive offers on our website.
Our Facebook page is here .
Our Twitter account is here .